GUE Fundamentals w/Bob Sherwood Course Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I REALLY think that divers with a solid GUE community, made up of -2 level divers and with instructors thrown in the mix truly have no idea how lucky they are. Seattle, California, NE, Florida, etc.

We met a fellow here that was from southern California and was traveling through. He said his USUAL dive buddies are a Tech 1 instructor and a Fundies instructor. Imagine being able to dive with that caliber of diver day-in/day-out. Even when not training, the amount of skill, precision and finesse that you can just "osmosis" from diving with them must be incredible.

If I want to dive with that kind of diver, and/or get mentored/trained, I have to spend big bucks to fly someone in, or go to them. In the intervening months, I'm left sucking hind tit regarding my development. I have no local mentor/sensei and most of the time, to quote Leslie Nielsen in The Naked Gun: "like a blind man at an orgy, I'm gonna have to feel my way through."

It sucks.

LOL, 50Fathom....I see you are in typical form tonight, always providing the entertainment. :D

And, keep your head up....we will get a GUE instructor in Texas at some point. It might even be you. I keep trying to talk Gillty into it!

I REALLY think that divers with a solid GUE community, made up of -2 level divers and with instructors thrown in the mix truly have no idea how lucky they are. Seattle, California, NE, Florida, etc.

We met a fellow here that was from southern California and was traveling through. He said his USUAL dive buddies are a Tech 1 instructor and a Fundies instructor. Imagine being able to dive with that caliber of diver day-in/day-out. Even when not training, the amount of skill, precision and finesse that you can just "osmosis" from diving with them must be incredible.

If I want to dive with that kind of diver, and/or get mentored/trained, I have to spend big bucks to fly someone in, or go to them. In the intervening months, I'm left sucking hind tit regarding my development. I have no local mentor/sensei and most of the time, to quote Leslie Nielsen in The Naked Gun: "like a blind man at an orgy, I'm gonna have to feel my way through."

It sucks.

Yeah. Those of us out in the wilderness should get an extra point just for sticking with it!

I agree :)!

For more extra credit, go forth and multiply :)!

We are certainly trying for extra credit at this end....

We have 3 that are definitely working toward Fundies and 6 more that are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom