GUE Fundamentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only got a provisional but that wasn’t my experience at all.

The instructor and assistant instructor did everything they could to make us progress and learn, regardless of the initial ability.

This is absolutely the opposite of how a Fundamentals course should be, and I am very sad to hear of your experience. I expect you explained your experience on the course survey when the course was finished?

No one at GUE asked about my experience
I did not get a post-course survey
When I contacted GUE HQ by letter, no one at GUE responded to me

Did you post about your experience here? Just asking out of pure curiosity.

Did you post about your experience here? Just asking out of pure curiosity.
A million times. I'll tell anyone who will listen.
The GUE people here on Scubaboard just call me a liar and say that I am making up stories. They're a pretty vicious group of people.

A million times. I'll tell anyone who will listen.
The GUE people here on Scubaboard just call me a liar and say that I am making up stories.
Do you mind sending the link to the thread where you posted it? Again curious here.

Do you mind sending the link to the thread where you posted it? Again curious here.
Sorry, too much work. I invite you to search, though.
I've even named the instructor in my other posts.

Everyone who attends a GUE course has the opportunity to submit a course survey (it is actually required to be completed for the course to be "finalized", but is not relevant if the outcome was a provisional). If you log into your GUE profile online, find "courses", you will see a list of courses you were registered for. It will say "course survey incomplete", click that link and you will be taken to the survey.

Everyone who attends a GUE course has the opportunity to submit a course survey (it is actually required to be completed for the course to be "finalized", but is not relevant if the outcome was a provisional). If you log into your GUE profile online, find "courses", you will see a list of courses you were registered for. It will say "course survey incomplete", click that link and you will be taken to the survey.
It appears the instructor is no longer with GUE per a post where his name is given and looking up at GUE Instructors.

It appears the instructor is no longer with GUE per a post where his name is given and looking up at GUE Instructors.

Yeah. And did I mention that, during the GUE-F class I bought a custom-sized DUI drysuit from his dive shop (I was barely outside of stock size specs), only to find out years later that he bought a stock suit from DUI and then sold it to me at the custom price?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom