Gullivers Lake Park July 2012 Video Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is very interesting. Didnt think about the springs doing that.

I have seen the grey effect in larger scales in cave diving photos/videos.

Had a theory it might be fish egg/sperm spawning grounds.

Thx mstachowsky.

---------- Post Merged at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:28 PM ----------

@shoredivr

So many dive sites in Ontario and so little time to do them. Tobermory is our fav spot and have been diving it every summer for a while. Just went a week ago, did Caroline Rose and big tub. Going again shortly to dive niagara II, wetmore, nuwaygo. Vis was 30+ feet.

@patpicos

Thx for info, its nice to go back and see vis and stats for a certain time of year. New to KW area and quarry/small lake diving. Having a blast so far. Any good spots close to Hamilton?

Well, given how much Ontario divers like driving to dive sites, the other quarry we dove was Sherkston Shores, which is just a bit south of Hamilton on Lake Erie.

That was actually a pretty cool training quarry - there are some submerged mining rail rolling stock in the quarry. Max depth is about 40 ft, and vis (in May 2007) was not at all bad. I had a pretty cool time on that training dive, mostly because I love exploring sunken man-made stuff.

@sunnyboy

I will have to go back to Sherkston in May then, I went in July and could touch the bottom but not see it.

Just got laid off work, like 3 hours ago, so my long drives all over for scuba every weekend are being cut a little short for this season.

[video=youtube;AIDM5lHJ79o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIDM5lHJ79o[/video]

Just got laid off work, like 3 hours ago, so my long drives all over for scuba every weekend are being cut a little short for this season.

Sorry to hear about getting laid off. Free shore dives and a buddy that does not mind driving can be helpful as well. Where in ON are you?

@ScubaSteve

I got a good dive/drive buddy as my way better half, Scuba D, is my co-pilot on these trips. We are in the KWG area, not to far from Acton actually.

Thanks for your post, staying positive, just thinking about diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom