guys i got dcs yesterday:(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear you are okey....

To piggy back on the others there's nothing down there worth dying for. Slow down and take it easy :crafty:

Do you mind opening a thread on the accidents and close calls for post-incident analysis... If your comp can be downloaded can you post the profiles. I think we can all learn from this.

Glad to hear you're doing well, Spoon. That must have been disconcerting.

If you're up for discussing it, I'd also be interested in what the analysis indicated was the reason why you got a hit and no-one else did?

Hope you continue to feel better, and take things easy for awhile.

Dive safe,

Doc

Welcome to the "that was a close one club" ! What were your symptoms? Mine was some ache in the joints, a tingling sensation and labor in breathing. Looking back on it, now I am not so sure if it was the bends or the wife's nagging for diving in the first place!

If you do have to visit a decom. chamber, just make sure it has an internet connection!

Dive Safe (and I really mean it!)

Glad to hear you are recovering well.

in the mean time your are waiting for the tech course try to read more on the subject of DCS studies and bubble formation prevention.

The Studies on DCS and prevention of Bubble formation does not need Tech training. it needs the understanding of the studies/research done on the physiology of bubble formation and steps to prevent such occurences to happen.

Glad to hear you're doing well mate.

Spoon:
its official after talking with the locan DAN rep i got the bends.
Congratulations Spoon. :wink: Glad you're OK. Too bad you can't just go ahead and take the class from AG anyway.

Diver0001:
Hmm... Well, keep a close eye on it. Maybe you're a sensitive type.

R..

i maybe prone to it, i really dont know but its quite interesting how exercise and dcs are related. read my other thread for updates.

f3nikon:
Welcome to the "that was a close one club" ! What were your symptoms? Mine was some ache in the joints, a tingling sensation and labor in breathing. Looking back on it, now I am not so sure if it was the bends or the wife's nagging for diving in the first place!

If you do have to visit a decom. chamber, just make sure it has an internet connection!

Dive Safe (and I really mean it!)

only symptoms were after dive 2 small sunburn type sensation on my stomach, after dive 3 it was so painful it felt like a burn injury. hours later i got fever and the chills as well as labored breathing. i still have labored breathing but no pain in joints whatsoever.

wetrat:
Glad you're alright Spoon,

Hey did you at least get to miss a little work, I mean you should milk this thing a little,

wetrat

id be cheating myself if i dint go to work, am my own boss anyway and have the kuxury of being online the whole time:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom