guys i got dcs yesterday:(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

f3nikon:
No problemo Spoon, I was wondering when somebody would catch on to my stated profile vs the deco. dive (or lack of enough deco.)

If you notice that the profile asks for the number of "logged'" dives, well I stop logging my dives 600 actual dives ago! :wink:

It was not really the divemaster's fault even though he is a close friend. If you can recall we were diving on a sea mount, I dive mostly drop offs, so when I am almost out of air I hang around the top of the reef to vent, for about ten minutes while waiting for the bangka pick up.

I'am sorry but that sea mount just had way too many things to see! Next time I think we will hang a spare tank at 25 feet.

Look forward to seeing your pics from your coming Apo trip, pictures go along way to promote diving in the Philippines.

Dive Safe

Al

no problem bud. man youve got a lot of dives! i cant imagine hitting 600 anythime soon. i cannot wait to go to apo reef, i hear that it was number 1 before tubbataha. anyway i better polish my skills in anilao before attempting to take pics in apo. its mostly drift dives there and i best make sure i can change my settings on a dime. will have updates soon,

partridge:
Cant believe I missed this thread so far.

Glad youre ok Spoon. We all know diving in the Philippines is a little bit more unconservative than other places. Mainly it is because we are not exposed to these incidents and we all feel it cant happen to us. With this board and text messages, we are all getting the message. "I am human and it CAN happen to me"

Thanks for sharing

i think that a lot of people get minor bends just like mine, they just dont realize they have it or mistake the symptoms for other things. you are right however when you say that we think diff here. most of the divers ive been with think the bends can only be had if you ascend too quickly. there is this notion that if my ascent rate is ok, then i wont get the bends. boy are they wrong, so was i:)

f3nikon:
Hi Paul

Where in Mindanao is Sarangani Bay? Do get me wrong, I have been to Mindanao, a great place but did not get a chance to dive there maybe next time.

Dive Safe

Sarangani Bay is bordered by Sarangani Province and General Santos City. About 2 hours drive from Davao. Its about as far south as yoou can get in the Philippines.

partridge:
Sarangani Bay is bordered by Sarangani Province and General Santos City. About 2 hours drive from Davao. Its about as far south as yoou can get in the Philippines.

...And has some of the best tasting bangus (milkfish) in the world! (IMO)

jonix:
grilled tuna...yummy
04.gif

Unloading the catch in GenSan.

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/11784/cat/500/ppuser/5077

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom