Had Enough - I'm outta here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck and keep us posted on the next move :)

Blog comes up as "invalid blog" here so can't read it (?)

Looks like you're another one to join the exodus. FWIW i've left too (4 years) and in a few weeks heading out to join the 6 other ex egypt work colleagues in Asia (8,4,4,4,4 and 3 years respectively) (all of which left Egypt 3 to 6 months ago). In addition to that i'm aware of 8 good instructors who have left Dahab recently as well. In some places there are going to be very few European/western instructors left.

There just isn't the work or stability now. Far fewer tourists, the Bedouin doing a far spate of kidnappings, robberies and threats making it even worse (im bored of having someone point guns at me). Outside of sharm the lack of any law and order has meant its like the wild west. The reefs are now getting tashed by Bedouin illegal fishing (police and army wont stop them) and its time to move on.
It still has some fantastic diving and the south in particular is amazing.

Where are you heading next?

Last edited:
Back in the UK now - cold and grey but enjoying some nice food! Will be starting to explore job options in the next few weeks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom