Had fun with Wanna-Dive in Kona!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pigletfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We've just returned from a 12-day trip to the Big Island. We were there with a dozen family members, so only got in a few days of diving, but we went out with Wanna-Dive (Steve aka "friscuba") and had a great time. Steve and Bob are both great divemasters - very nice, and they make it a fun day out. (My sister-in-law did a referral certification, and she had the instructor - Ken - all to herself. He was also great). There were just the 4-6 members of our family on the boat each day, and it was very laid back and relaxed.

On our two days of morning boat diving we went to Crescent Beach, Mermaid Rock, Golden Arches, and a dive site I can't remember the name of -- it was just below the hill from Costco. (Can you help me out here, Steve?) That last site was actually my favorite -- we saw a spotted eagle ray, my first in Hawaii! Also saw a couple of turtles and a scorpianfish - very cool! At Golden Arches we saw two very large triggerfish mating, and some interesting species of butterfly fish. Also saw lots of eels, including a couple of dwarf morays.

Our family took over Steve's boat for the manta trip for 2 nights in a row -- 4 snorkelers and 2 divers each night. We did 2 tanks at Garden Eel Cove and 2 mantas showed up each night. Also saw lots more eels, lobster, an octopus, and many of the usual suspects, of course.

Lots of fun snorkeling and topside as well -- another great trip to the Big Island! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom