Halcyon BP from Pioneer to Eclipse Wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10 Gauge

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok so I recently purchased an Eclipse wing to replace and old leaking Pioneer wing. I was under the impression the Eclipse was just an updated model of the Pioneer. So needless to say when I went to install the wing the backplate I was surprised to realize there are no tank strap slots or guides built in to the Eclipse wing. Will this wing still work with this backplate? I assume I need to now buy the STA to be able to mount a tank on it, is that correct? If that will work is there anything else I’ll need to make the Eclipse work on my old Pioneer era backplate?

Thanks in advance!

Halcyon does make the Adventure/Traveler wing, which has the tank band slots. You may wish to return the Eclipse for the Adventure/Traveler wing. Appears to have the same construction, shape, apart fromt he slots.

Halcyon Dive Systems

Otherwise, you'll need to use an STA with the Eclipse wing.

Halcyon does make the Adventure/Traveler wing, which has the tank band slots. You may wish to return the Eclipse for the Adventure/Traveler wing. Appears to have the same construction, shape, apart fromt he slots.

Halcyon Dive Systems

Otherwise, you'll need to use an STA with the Eclipse wing.
Thank you for the info. Wish I would have figured that out before I bought the wing. I bought the wing second hand so I can’t return it unfortunately. If it will work with just buying an STA then I’ll do that if someone can confirm that’s all I need to get. Looks to only be about $90 as I don’t need tank straps or the weight with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom