Halcyon Eclipse User II-Fraying Wing's Seam.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
BTW, I saw Corigan's BP. It looks great. Do you have any pictures of BP?
Glad to see Halcyon came through for you Hoosier. When looking at those frays, I knew I had never seen another eclipse look like that, and I've seen plenty in my day.

OOPS, I was supposed to post BP pics. I will post one tonight for you.

Matt

The Kraken:
. . . without a closer look it's hard to say, but it's possible that it could be some light corrosion caused by galvanic reaction between the tank and the STA if the STA is aluminum.

Sorry, don't have any pics of the B/P's to post yet.

the K

I believe that my STA is steel. It was a package deal, Eclipse 40....
Actually, Halycon didn't find out a clue about a stain on the STA. I was told, "I don't know what was on your STA plate, but I easily removed it with some Sno-Bol (toilet cleaner)."

Our region is famous for a lime stone. I think it might be a lime stone residual though. But, I don't see any thing on the plate. Maybe, the coated plate blocks it compared to the STA.

Here's a couple of pics. Plate isn't in it's best shape, needs a washing after the muck diving I was doing yesterday. It isn't going to get it though, since I'm going muck diving with it again tomorrow.

Matt

Thanks! I appreciate it...

What weight?
What thickness of plate?
Is this 316 SS?

As I remember, he is also making a heavy weighted plate?

Corigan:
Here's a couple of pics. Plate isn't in it's best shape, needs a washing after the muck diving I was doing yesterday. It isn't going to get it though, since I'm going muck diving with it again tomorrow.

Matt

I'm getting the same fraying as well after 6 dives. After burning off the fraying and doing another 16 dives, the fraying came back. Has burnt the frays again and will be doing another 6 dives this weekend. If the fraying persist, I think I will try to get them to replace my outer shell too.

hoosier:
Thanks! I appreciate it...

What weight?
What thickness of plate?
Is this 316 SS?

As I remember, he is also making a heavy weighted plate?
He does make heavy plates, message him so we don't run this thread more OT than it already is.. :) It weighs 6.8lbs, I believe it's 316SS and I am not sure about the thickness. The Kraken would hae a better idea since he's the engineer, I'm just the diver.. :)

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom