Halcyon Infinity vs. Traveler (leaning toward Zeagle Stiletto) / others?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want an indication of how little, or much, a BC will wiggle around on you during a dive,, snug down properly the model you have interest in, and have a friend rodeo the tank straps while standing behind you. If it's a wild ride in the dive shop it will be all that and more underwater. If it won't slide side to side or up and down it probably fits you well at least when you are vertical in the water.
The differences in the engineering involved between brands and models make huge differences in how well they work for you during the dive.
The popularity of bp/wing harness set ups for use with single tanks says a lot about cookie cutter design jacket bc's just not working very well and divers wanting something that dives better.

If you want an indication of how little, or much, a BC will wiggle around on you during a dive,
This is why I am such a fan of crotch straps. My Express Tech is loosey goosey which means it's an easy on and easy off BC UNTIL you cinch down on the waist with a properly adjusted crotch strap. Then it becomes one with your body and all the loosey goosiness is gone!

I hear what you are saying about the great results from using a crotch strap with a standard harness. I was there with that in the 70's.
Fortunately I have the perfect physique (HaHa, just enough belly) for scuba diving that A proper sized Zeagle Ranger or Stiletto or Express Tech won't move on me at all, even inverted.
I owe you lunch sometime for you're fine job educating divers what a great diving product the Express Tech is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom