Halcyon Scout, Photon Torpedo and Santa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's a photon torpedo?

Adobo:
What's a photon torpedo?
Its what JT Kirk uses to get rid of the Klingons

aquaoren:
I have 2 Photon torpedoes and am happy with them.
and the Klingons are starting an arms race.

Al_star:
I had the Pelican super sabrelite with the ordinary bulb but swapped to the photon's after the protrusion on the light got picked at on tech-1. I looked at the Photon's and Scouts and couldn't see a huge difference so went for the photon's due to lots of positive feedback from existing owners.

The Peli lights are not DIR, the bulb overvoltage is a bad idea. The Photons (which are made by a friend of mine) are overkill build quality wise. That is both a compliment and a complaint since it results in the lights being unnecessarily larger. The biggest reason for the photons poplularity is probably that they don't have an H on them so those with a chip on their shoulder can say they took their business elsewhere. (Once again, no problem with that, Chuck is doing quite well tapping that market.)

The biggest mistake made is these are all backup lights. Not primary lights. The requirements for backups are different.

RTodd:
The biggest mistake made is these are all backup lights. Not primary lights. The requirements for backups are different.

Thanks for your post Todd. I am not sure I understood the last bit entirely. I am looking for back ups - are you crititical about Torpedos as a back ups or did you just mean people tend to resort to these as primaries which is not correct?

RTodd:
... The biggest reason for the photons poplularity is probably that they don't have an H on them so those with a chip on their shoulder can say they took their business elsewhere. (Once again, no problem with that, Chuck is doing quite well tapping that market.)..
Not sure on those chips, just price difference. I like what H makes, just think that prices are too high. If I can get an equally (or better quality) item at a lesser price, guess what economics win!

RTodd:

Hi Todd, I also didn't understand what you meant by this sentence. Can you explain it to us?
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom