Halcyon SPG numbering

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious about whether Halcyon plan on (or already have) corrected the flawed gauge-face graphics.

(The gauge currently shown on their website looks just like the one shown in the original post.)

Edited to add: I don't have a Halcyon SPG, so I don't have a direct complaint about it; on the other hand, once I clicked on the thread it piqued my interest (as a former proofreader :wink:). Also, there are pieces of Halcyon gear on my shopping list, so I'm interested in a general sense.

Last edited:
I just purchased a Halcyon Infinity, Halycon reg set, and Master SPG. Not only is the incorrect hash mark (1400) bold as pointed out by the OP, but I also see on my guage that from 0 to 500 PSI is only 4 hash marks (see photo at thread beginning). So, is "500" PSI actually 500 or is it erroneously 400 PSI? How are these gauges calibrated? So it looks like there is more than just the error of darkening the wrong hash, the number of hashes counting from 0 PSI is incorrect also, throwing the whole guage off by 100 PSI.

Last edited:
Before you lynch the Halcyon rep, have a look at this:

A8.jpg

That's a gauge made by Termo Industria SRL who make 95% of brass & glass SPGs which are rebranded for other companies. Note only 4 hash marks between 0-50 bar

Any brand of analogue Bourdon-tube gauge isn't that accurate in the first place. A typical high-quality gauge will be around +/-2% of guage span. So for an SPG with a 5000 PSI span that would mean +/- 100 PSI

You could always buy a digital gauge if you want it to be more accurate, but IMO better you should concentrate on following your gas plan and being out of the water before you need to worry about how many marks are on your gauge

I have bought two of these SPG gauges this month (two separate orders) and they still have the same incorrect markings. I know it is not a major issue but, one would expect with a premier outfit like Halcyon that the gauges would be fixed by now.

Congratulations! We've been selling those gauges for almost two years and you're the first person to mention the hash mark. Since you won the contest I'd like to send you a T-shirt and hat. You can e-mail me at techservices@halcyon.net to let me know what size and style you would like.

-Corey Smith

I think it's great that you would offer a give away, but an answer would also be nice. Thanks.

I believe the answer has been given at least twice. It was a known issue with the gauges There was a printing error, and the problem has been rectified in the next run. I do not know the depth of inventory that Halcyon has left of the 'old' gauges, but i know they order in large quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom