Halloween Dive Pics from Boynton Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howarde:
Actually... I've been using Manual for WA shots, and TTL for Macro... The shrimp shot is slightly (maybe 25%) cropped :wink:

Interesting. Do you find that the flash TTL burns out stuff in the foreground when shooting wide? Curious why you switch. Of course it's rather easy to switch with that housing, jut a turn of one knob, and you have stepless M control! :D

Ike may not be as sexy, but I REALLY like how they have put the flash control in the housing.

RonFrank:
Interesting. Do you find that the flash TTL burns out stuff in the foreground when shooting wide? Curious why you switch. Of course it's rather easy to switch with that housing, jut a turn of one knob, and you have stepless M control! :D

Ike may not be as sexy, but I REALLY like how they have put the flash control in the housing.
Actually... I really don't have a RULE - Sometimes I shoot TTL, others Manual. Some WA shots I try manual AND TTL... sometimes, there's no difference... sometimes 1 is better than the other. Sometimes, the TTL - in wide comes out underexposed, when I use higer F-stop settings. I don't really know enough about the mechanics of the TTL to know for sure why...

I just generally shoot, and then if I don't like the way it looks, I try something else.

But yeah... I like how easy it is to adjust that on the housing... It takes just a second... :D

howarde:
I never knew there were other reef lines...

We were at 60 FSW... The section of Reef is called "Black Condo" and we were on the western ledge of the reef.

Yes, off most of FL there are three reef lines. The first two are closer to the coast and shallower. The third reef is the on worth diving. At least that is what I have found.

I think it is Dixie Divers' web site that has a satellite photo of the reef and you can see the three.

TOM

Howard,

Really nice shots. The viz must have been really good. Thanks for sharing.

Here's one more from Halloween...

sponges.jpg

Great shots Howarde! You got the Drum to pose for you very nicely. My dive for last Sunday went bust so I can live vicariously though your photos.

---Bob

Nice shots, Howarde. I really the the close up of the goliath. I never could get a good closeup shot of one when I was down in WPB a couple of months ago. I plan on being down in Boynton next week with my dive club. What's the water temp like right now?

RichKirby:
Nice shots, Howarde. I really the the close up of the goliath. I never could get a good closeup shot of one when I was down in WPB a couple of months ago. I plan on being down in Boyton next week with my dive club. What's the water temp like right now?
Well... about 10 days ago it was 78... 4 days ago it was 80.

But for the next few days, we're expecting North East winds, which bring down colder water, so who knows what the temps will be next week. My guess would be in the upper 70's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom