Halycon BC, wings and harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Commitment already made....appt made for DIR LDS and looking into the DIR Fundamentals course now....BC being returned today to firm. Done deal. LDS told me that my harness was way too loose, what to do and then go down there for some 'in person' help!

I'm off and fully committed now.... I’m putting my trust in the fact that you more experienced divers know why this is going to be better in the long run, despite the growing pains.... and that this system will serve me well, once I get these bugs worked out.

No one like to hear that their rig is junk - and it fully normal that someone (me) gets defensive when you tell them the truth about their rig.

Live and learn...I'm trusting that there are much more experienced guys out there than I am currently, and heeding the advice and saving myself the heartache of having to buy 'again' down the road.

Thanks all for your help, and criticisms.

Originally posted by scubanole
Unclepug you are too funny and I bet it would be fun to dive with you.
Thanks, glad you enjoy it...
It's my own special blend of understated ironic hyperbole with an occassional hint of cayenne...

As for diving with me... I really enjoy it.

Other than local Scuba Boarders I have had three come the distance so far:
Michigan, Montana and oh, Canada.

Ship your gear UPS and hop a plane to the PNW...
I'll supply the tanks.

Originally posted by Scuba446
No one like to hear that their rig is junk - and it fully normal that someone (me) gets defensive when you tell them the truth about their rig.
I don't think there is a problem with your rig at all...

Oh, btw....
My bet is that you don't make it through a DIRF.

Oh, btw....

I echo that opinion. Even a sharkhide drysuit wouldn't help him.

:shootemup

omar

In their website, they state " Come prepared to make some changes to your gear when you arrive."

I wouldn't even waste my time or money unless I was fully committed to diving DIR, (Which I am).

You need to be aware of this.

ID - The DIR Lizzard

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

I don't think there is a problem with your rig at all...

Oh, btw....

Hmm... iirc, he isnt certified yet... if so.. that's not a bet :wink:

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
How the feck can he take DIRF anyway?? He isn't certified and DIRF states you need OW and 25 dives under your belt first. They don't call them prerequisites just for the feck of it. Knowing GUE, I am sure you have to present your c-card and log book at the door. :wink:

- JT

Not implying that GUE would actually make exceptions, but when I inquired about taking the DIRF class in Houston this past April (with about 8 dives logged, I think), it was indicated (NOT by a GUE instructor) that I would be able to do so.

Not having taken the class (monetary/time issue), I can't say whether I would have been successful, but I'd have to imagine that good diving techniques would be useful even for someone with a fresh OW cert and little experience.

Jeff

Glad to see your still here.

If I was in your fins, I would go see Bob and get started. Once I saw that he is a member of the WKPP I thought " who better to learn from?"

you can still have these guys all lose their bets. It will just take a little time. OW and 25 dives doesn't take that long. You could be in a DIRF class before the summers over. If you did all of your training with him chances are you'd come through DIRF just fine.

I'm rootin' for ya!!
:thumb:

BTW, I agree. OW and 25 dives can be done in about a week if you're near a dive site.

I don't think I'd endorse 10 dives a day, but thats pretty much all you'd have to do after your OW cert (usually 4 dives) to have the experience.

In fact, I wish the "local" quarry wasn't an hour away :(

Jeff

Originally posted by Tavi
Glad to see your still here.

If I was in your fins, I would go see Bob and get started. Once I saw that he is a member of the WKPP I thought " who better to learn from?"

you can still have these guys all lose their bets. It will just take a little time. OW and 25 dives doesn't take that long. You could be in a DIRF class before the summers over. If you did all of your training with him chances are you'd come through DIRF just fine.

I'm rootin' for ya!!
:thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom