Harbor Beach Diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Hoosier! (my sis lives in Indy) -
From what I hear, wrecks out of Bruno's on 8/18 & 19 are the Philadelphia and Dunderburg (double dip both days). I think I got a room at Motel Huron - never been there but I think it is about $50/night...although now thinking about it that could be good OR bad :) At least it is close to the marina and in town.

It'd be great to meet you! Take care - Meredith

P.S. - where do you dive in Indiana? Every place I see near my sister's place is a manmade pond.

Thanks for the info Meredith.

Where do I dive in Indiana? Rock quarries. Not quite manmade ponds, but not a whole lot better. There are at least 4 in Indiana I dive ... France Park (Logansport), Philips Quarry (Muncie), Hidden Paradise (St Paul), and Blue Springs (Waldron). I also make regular trips to Gilboa and Haigh. Gilboa is my favorite "local" dive site since I can camp on-site and do deep dives in order to keep up the skills and experience for the times I can get out onto the Great Lakes.

UPDATE:

The plan for the weekend is to do the Glenorchy (120 ft deep) on Saturday morning and the Philadelphia (120 ft deep) on Sunday morning.

Boat will leave from Harbor Beach at 9am both days. These wrecks aren't dove that often, so this would be a great time to get out and dive them. Contact the shop to sign up! 586-792-2040

The only way to get inside the Glenorchy is the hole blasted in the stern area by one of Steeles friends. If you were to get inside the bow area, that is the place that is in complete virgin territory. Take some pictures or video for me. I always wondered what she looked like.
Jarec

I am planning on taking the video camera and a few lights along. Hopefully will have some video to share after.

The only way to get inside the Glenorchy is the hole blasted in the stern area by one of Steeles friends. If you were to get inside the bow area, that is the place that is in complete virgin territory. Take some pictures or video for me. I always wondered what she looked like.
Jarec

Back
Top Bottom