Humbled Diver On His Check Out Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I finally made a check out dive this week after 8 years being dry . I have been working darn hard to get it together and things went fair for this old man and his solo boat dive . Repairs to my outboard and fuel system , GPS and more and hope you are ready and set to go . I slung the boat into Redondo Harbor for a short ride to the reef with the plan to anchor on the barge . It was a little rough on the water and not being active which means you got no sea legs . I knew sea sickness was part of the course but tinnius and vertigo combine could scare a normal person out of the water . I decided to leave my go fast diver scooter craft behind , hey stupid first see if you can even make a dive . Wow cannot even zip up the back of my wet suit and could things get worse , no relax and make the dive . I roll over the side and descend to 10 feet , stop and try to equalize , not quite those eustachian tubes are very tight . Five minutes or so the tubes decide to let go and continue my descent . Look to the left and X to the right , where is the barge? Hey buddy you are doing all right you made that dive and are here in Florida tonight .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom