Harbor charter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a picture of the pipe. It still needs a little cleaning, but it's coming along.
TD_pipeSM.JPG

Nice pic, Matt. We found another one in the same area today. Also got a large ornate bronze hindge with a bit of oak door still attached. Great viz today on the romance. However, our dive for scallops was not productive. Not a one. Oh well . See you soon. P.

Oh sure Pat... you had to go and up the ante with ornate metalwork. :)

Do you plan to soak it in fresh water and restore it?

Since they usually need a very long soak with frequent water changes, I've heard that a toilet tank (not bowl) is a good place to rinse recovered metal. Every time you flush, it fills the tank with clean water, and your wife doesn't have to look at it.. :)

Good luck with the restoration! Post a picture when you get a chance.

Co-worker and fellow diver brought in a clay pipe to work last night with the same initials on it, but they were pressed into the pipe, not raised like the ones we found. Said he found it in the Sakonnet River, RI. He also brought in a book which claims that these type/style pipes are 1820 to 1860 vintage. But, like Matt said, with all the knock-offs who really knows? Still a pretty cool find no matter.

LobstaMan

Raised? Mine has the initials pressed in too. I guess we found different versions of the "TD" pipe after all. I guess that probably increases the odds that they came from different passengers.

Sorry, Matt. I was just assuming we found identical pipes.

LobstaMan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom