Has anyone been diving in St. Kitts Lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FreeSpirits

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My husband and I will be staying at the Marriott on St. Kitt the last week in March (2007) and I was hoping to get some reviews on the hotel, the island, the fishing, the diving, etc. Can anyone suggest a dive operation and/or fishing operation to use while on the island of St. Kitts? Best dive sites to visit? Any good wreaks? What kind of depth? We may only be available to dive two days and we want to get the best dives sites around the island in as our dives.:confused:

I look forward to hearing from someone soon.
Thanks!
FreeSpirits

Well, I have no information on Kitts, as you asked...sorry to say. But, I did want to wish you a warm welcome to ScubaBoard!

Welcome to :sblogo:
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

FreeSpirits:
My husband and I will be staying at the Marriott on St. Kitt the last week in March (2007) and I was hoping to get some reviews on the hotel, the island, the fishing, the diving, etc. Can anyone suggest a dive operation and/or fishing operation to use while on the island of St. Kitts? Best dive sites to visit? Any good wreaks? What kind of depth? We may only be available to dive two days and we want to get the best dives sites around the island in as our dives.:confused:

I look forward to hearing from someone soon.
Thanks!
FreeSpirits

Hi FreeSpirits!

Welcome! I'll send you a pm with full details but do check out Dive St Kitts! They are located at the Bird Rock Hotel a lovely place not far from the Marriott. If you aren't staying at the Marriott for work, and can change your reservation...it is well worth it to change to the Bird Rock. If not at least go see it and eat at the fabulous restaurant located at the hotel.

Kent is the head instructor and Michael is the general manager. They are GREAT! And will take you to the best sites that St Kitts has to offer. There are 2 of the biggest puffers I've ever seen on the River Taw. Its a standard site that Dive St Kitts will take you too! And its a great site! Lots of marine life and old growth coral and sponges on an old sunken freighter. As for other sites...paradise is good and pretty much all the 'dive master's favorites which you'll find on their site will give you some of the best diving in St Kitts shy of what you could do via a liveaboard. (And even they do many of the land based sites.) Their boat is great...very clean and comfortable and they have a great 'dive bar' next to their full service shop!

Tell them SingleDivers.com sent you and they will take extra special care of you! We just love them! And bending over backwards to help you is the norm!

I hope you have a great trip! -ww

smilies-41093.png

I started with a resort course there but haven't been in 5 years. Check out our Caribe forum.

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Welcome to the board. Go Gators

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom