Has anyone been to Santa Rosa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riguerin:
Yes, but it will take an entire life time to live down the experience. There will be plenty of pictures plastered all over the internet :D

Your only safe haven is that what happens in TJ stays in TJ :wink:
Thats why booze was invented. To rid yourself of bad memories :wink:

JeffG:
Thats why booze was invented. To rid yourself of bad memories :wink:

We'll save the worm for you, bro !

7692.jpg

Jen, I've never been to Santa Rosa, But I hear it can very nice. You two will have an awesome time, I'm sure.

Santa Rosa has some really nice Pinnacles. "The Net" in particular is lovely - invertebrate live EVERYWHERE. Noplace to even touch a finger down. You'll find more invertebrate life than down by Catalina and Anacapa, at least if Capt. Ted goes out to the Pinnacles.

P.S. I hope you're not looking forward toooooo much to the kelp. The warm spell pretty much wiped it out at Anacapa (there was almost NO kelp at Cathedral Cove 2 weeks ago), and it was looking a little sickly around Santa Rosa and Santa Cruz at July 4th weekend. Hopefully it will grow back soon if the water cools off. (Bill, is that what caused it, the warm water?)

You'll have a total blast though, and the Spectre is a really fun, laid back boat. Captain Ted is great, and really tries hard to find the four best dive sites. The hot tub ain't bad either! :D

Wish I could go - I'm signed up on the Peace (my first time, yay!) for San Miguel that day.

Taxgeek/Susan

Thanks Susan!! Hope you have a good time on the Peace!! You could always join us for Wreck Alley or Catalina that week!! :D

Santa Rosa is gorgeous! Way better than Anacapa (imo). Better reef structure and more and bigger fish. Talchott Shoals (off of Santa Rosa) is my fav for Lobster hunting, of course, it won't be season yet :( But the dives in that area are like aquarium diving. Beyond beautiful! I am sure you will love it!

Blue Hole will be closed to divers September 4-6 2015. It's for a biker rally that the city hall folks wanted. Makes no sense to me because a biker isn't going to go jump in blue hole. Please pass the word along since Santa Rosa government hasn't advertised it. It would be terrible for someone to drive from way out of town and not get to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom