Has anyone been to Turquoise Bay, Roatan recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there last spring for a week. The resort is lovely, food is good and rooms spacious and clean. Dive op was so-so at best. They only dived the sites right near TBR as had to come in between dives to pick up tank fills. They more or less stuck to a schedule but lunch always seemed rushed. Would not go out with them at night as the boat had no working lights, no strobe. Boats are very basic overall and not very spacious.

My wife and I are not planning to go back.

We stayed at TBR two years ago. The resort is beautiful and the staff are wonderful. Our negatives were the restaurant and dive op. Food was so slow that we had had problems getting lunch between the morning and afternoon dives. The quality of the food was ok at best. Our complaint with the dive op goes direct to them not having local DM's. There were two divers in our group who consistantly plowed over and through the reef. After three days of biting my tounge and being nice I complained to the manager. This got us nowhere. This truly made me a believer in the local DM. They never would have put up with it.
Ps. always wear deet when going near the dock!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom