Has anyone dived in Cabo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had a mixed experience with Amigos and will definitely try an alternate operation next time in Cabo. Booked with Lands End for a trip out to Cabo Pulmo one day. Cabo Pulmo is probably one of the top 10 dive sites in North America and not to be missed. Lands End was excellent but we did not try them locally. The bay in Cabo San Lucas is good, maybe very good, but not spectacular. Expect a lot of diving in 70 to 90 ft. with jet skis and glass bottom boats overhead oblivious to dive flags. Neptunes, Pelican and Lands End all interesting sites. 110 ft. vis in Cabo Pulmo and maybe 35 in Cabo San when we were there. Thermoclines and highly variable temperatures in Cabo San due to the confluence of three streams near the tip of Baja.

Jim

Here are some pics from Cabo. Mostly off Lands End and Pelican Rock

Cabo2004_25.jpg

Cabo2004_42.jpg

Cabo2004_53.jpg

Cabo2004_58.jpg

Cabo2004_62.jpg

Cabo2004_82.jpg

Cabo2004_89.jpg

Cabo2004_106.jpg

Cabo2004_109.jpg

Cabo2004_131.jpg

Dang, Terry, after reading some discussions on Cabo I've been thinking, "Well, maybe I'll pass on Cabo...", but after seeing your pictures I'm having second thoughts. Good stuff, man.

We did Cabo two winters ago, early January '05. We did two dives with a crew that our hotel recommended (don't remember the name, but they went out of the Hilton). The dives were a few miles down the beach towards San Lucas, I think off of Chilleno. The dives were nice, 90 ft max depth and decent marine life. The best part was the background music, though. The whole time we dove, we were listening to the humpbacks as they were tooling around in the Sea of Cortez. Very awesome thing to hear. Also got buzzed by a large eagle ray, scared the hoohah out of the wife as it flipped up over a rock ledge she was approaching. Very good dives, though. Will do it again.

Empty V:
Those pics are awesome!!! Thank you. I keep getting more and more excited. If you have any more pics please post.

Billy

Those are awesome pics and are exactly Cabo diving. Sometimes with worse visibility but still the stuff you'll see. Thanks for sharing.

LLKZ16:
I'll be in Cabo at the mid-end of August. After some research, I chose to go with Underwater Diversions.

http://www.divecabo.com/

Now that I have seen Terry's Pic's I can't wait!!! Also check out this gallery.

http://www.divecabo.com/photo_gallery.php?gall_id=1
Thanks for the link, makes me even more eager.

I hope you post a trip report when you get back. I would imagine that diving in mid to late August would be similar, anyway, to mid September. Please take lot's of pics!

Back
Top Bottom