Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DieselDan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone, I’ve been reading up programs that have some sort of ecological benefits, and I’m looking into taking a trip where I can get 10+ dives in over a week or two. However, with some of the basic research I’ve done, a lot of the “voluntourism” groups have mixed reviews regarding either their general organizational skills while diving/ lack of transparency with their funding/ etc.. I definitely don’t need a five star resort, and I’ve looked into everything from trash clean up in Portugal, to lion fish culling in Belize, to coral grafting in Indonesia. Has anyone gone on one of these trips? Are there general thoughts regarding this sort of dive trip? If you had a good experience, what organization did you travel with? Thanks for your time!

Thank you for this! I was looking into this organization. Have you participated in one of their trips?

Both CRF (Coral Restoration Foundation) and REEF are great organizations.
Thank you so much. It can be tricky trying to sift through the internet looking for what’s legitimate! Very appreciated.

Thank you for this! I was looking into this organization. Have you participated in one of their trips?
at Coco View Resort Roatan.

It was 27 dives logged in the week.

I've been on a bunch of REEF trips. You do need a little training to participate, which is available on some of the trips.

Reef Renewal Bonaire is a nother good volunteer program.

Do any of these give you tanks by chance?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom