Has anyone tried the new "Instead"...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrskti:
Oh man, thank god for menopause!!!! Wooohoooo!!!!! :59: :yelclap:

I know what you mean! I have severe migraines (yes, I am doctor-cleared to dive :D) that require me to be on the pill 24/7; it's sooooooooooooooo nice not to have to worry about that anymore.

Tried "Instead" once when I still had a period, could not get used to the messy removal....

thanks for the info, but ugh.
i use tampons with applicators and will not try the softcup, sounds difficult and messy to me.

Yes, removal is pretty Yuck!, but on an all day dive trip - especially if you are out on a boat - I find it well worth it. They are not something I would use for an everyday solution, but I like the convenience of not changing for 12 hours. Just an alternative...

underwater daphne:
what is it?
Thanks for asking that...I was just about to.
So, in addition to the "product description---is it available to Canada, do you know?

waterdaughter:
Thanks for asking that...I was just about to.
So, in addition to the "product description---is it available to Canada, do you know?

I discovered these this summer while on a dive vacation. I loved them....yes removeal was a bit yucky, but the rest of it more than made up for it.

Oh and while you can leave them in up to 12 hours.....that's dependent on flow....they recomend you double the amount of time you could leave a tampon in on any given day.

I must say though, when I first saw one.....my first thought was....we have a physics problem here....the things look huge....but the directions were easy to follow and everything worked out fine.

Out in the NW of the country, I've found them at Fred Myers.....but I also have ordered them from drugstore.com.

Peace,
Cathie

Thanks Cathie...I think they sound like they're worth a try at least...just watched the video on the website.
I guess I am on a new quest, lol. The holy grail of feminine protection. :wink:

Cathy

Thanks for the info, Amber. My interests are peaked! I went on the web-site while at work, and after a minute, there were three other women gathered around my computer screen. We were all interested enough to order the introductory kit, so we'll see!

Wow!
I just watched the website videos and this seems like a great alternative to other sanitary products. I'm going to start asking my fiends, colleagues and patients if they have any experience with this product.
Thanks for the heads up!

Back
Top Bottom