Has anyone used Fantasea's FD-70 for Nikon D70?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Bali:
Thanks Folks!
Appreciate all the advice but..
I just dont have the $ to buy subal & aquatica...

I am only thinking of either Ikelite or Fantasea
Looks though no one has much experience with it, but no wonder as it just came out early last mo.

But thanks for all the kind advice though...

Hey Dave I see where you're coming from. I am helping a friend get a housing for his D70 as well, at the lowest cost possible. We are working an Ikelite SLR Film housing that would work with a D70, that he bought for $120 on Ebay, this included the dome port, flat port and all the gears. He also bought two Ikelite strobes for about $100 each.

That goes to show you what angle I am coming from.... CHEAP! I have not heard any bad news on the Fantasea housing and I did take a look at the housing on their website. This is just my opinion but after seeing the write up, I would buy it myself if the price was the lowest out there. Then get some strobes Ikelite strobes on Ebay.

And in answer to your question on the LED lights the answer is yes, you can use that torch for marco shooting. The lens my have to be wide open because the power would be much less than a strobe. I would still look for an Ikelite strobe on ebay.

The sad thing about your position, is that you are in some of the BEST diving areas in the world (Indo Pacific)....without an UW CAMERA!

Dive Safe

kdietz:
Ike's iTTL D70's are now available

Karl

Again, great shark pictures. I have a question regarding your Ikelite housing, what size dome port are you using? The standard Ikelite 6" dome or the new Ikelite/Aquatica 8" dome? Another photographer has said to have problems with the Nikon 10.5mm lens behind an 8" dome. I was ready to invest in 8" dome, till now.

f3nikon:
Hey Dave I see where you're coming from. I am helping a friend get a housing for his D70 as well, at the lowest cost possible. We are working an Ikelite SLR Film housing that would work with a D70, that he bought for $120 on Ebay, this included the dome port, flat port and all the gears. He also bought two Ikelite strobes for about $100 each.

I would be *immensly* interested in hearing what Ikelite model you are trying to use for the D70. Being a poor student I'm pretty hard pressed to shell out another 1k for the housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom