Have wide foot need snorkel fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bthornton

New
Reaction score
I've got really wide feet EEE and size 12.5 feet and I need to pick up some sort of short fins that will easily pack to on an upcoming trip...Will probably just be snorkeling with the fins...

Any good recomendations for some short fins that will pack well but fit my stupid feet?

I've got really wide feet EEE and size 12.5 feet and I need to pick up some sort of short fins that will easily pack to on an upcoming trip...Will probably just be snorkeling with the fins...

Any good recomendations for some short fins that will pack well but fit my stupid feet?

With feet that size, do you really need fins?

Last edited:

I have the identical problem. I bought the ForceFin Pros. They weigh almost nothing but take some getting used to. You get some weird looks but with feet like that, you're probably used to that already... I love the fins.

For simple snorkelling, I prefer traditional rubber full-foot fins and over the years I've found several models to accommodate my long (US size 12) and broad feet. Escualo Sports Clasica fins are my current favourites, but they're hard to get hold of outside Mexico:

verBig.asp.jpg

There is a range of broad-fitting fins within this category, however, from Speedo Trialons, which are light and float:

Speedo_Trialon.jpg

to Apollo Uni full-foot splits:

Apollo_Splits.JPG

Don't feel obliged to follow my choice of fins. Much will depend on your own expectations when it comes to materials, pricing, blade flexibility and the snorkelling activities and venues. Snorkelling fins are worn for power, endurance and manoeuvrability, although individual models rarely satisfy all three criteria. There's no substitute, as you have doubtless already discovered, to trying on, and trying out, fins for yourself, with socks or booties if you are planning to wear them underneath. Although finding the perfect snorkelling fin can be something of a voyage of discovery, I've chanced upon several perfect fits over the decades.

Back
Top Bottom