Hawaii: big island versus other islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishb0y:
Yes, the island would be a lot funner if you know someone with a boat, but NigerHadiza is looking to do a couple dives and someplace for his family and friends to visit. I don't believe they are looking for someplace to live and dive for life. Oahu is a nice place to visit with plenty of stuff to do without a lot of driving. Happy diving and hope you meet someone with a boat. PM me and I can give you someone's name that owns a boat : )

Ummm....FYI I'm a girl. :) and yes, I am looking just for some pretty diving..things to take photos of...and also to enjoy time with my mother and friends. Also...."funner" isn't a word. Sorry! I am teaching English in Japan.

EVERYONE: Thank you for all of your comments and please don't fight over which island is better. I'm sure that they are all wonderful in their own way just like in Japan. I wouldn't live in Tokyo, but I really enjoy visiting! ha!

NigerHadiza:
Ummm....FYI I'm a girl. :) and yes, I am looking just for some pretty diving..things to take photos of...and also to enjoy time with my mother and friends. Also...."funner" isn't a word. Sorry! I am teaching English in Japan.

EVERYONE: Thank you for all of your comments and please don't fight over which island is better. I'm sure that they are all wonderful in their own way just like in Japan. I wouldn't live in Tokyo, but I really enjoy visiting! ha!

Didn't look at your profile. We aren't fighting- I know wildcard- just giving our opinions. Like I said, Oahu is nice to visit. I do agree that it sucks to live here, but there are plenty of things to see for someone visiting for a week or two. If you chose the Big Isle then maybe you all could take a hop over here for the day and see some of the sights. I have heard that Kauai is really beautiful, but doesn't offer much for sightseeing. We are taking our first trip to Maui in December. Good luck in making your decision. I would love to visit all of Japan. You are right I wouldn't want to live there though. : ) You could also look up each Island on the internet and see what it has to offer and then decide which will best suit what you are looking for.

You MUST do the back wall and think real hard about the shark tank at MOC. Two of my best dives ever! Don't waste time with the haleakala sunrise trip, ya can't see over the hordes of people anyway. Hana is a nice ride, very pretty. Go up country, cool stuff and a winery too...Oh ya, have kidspot show you the valet dive. Ever had someone carry your gear for you?....Every island is different and awsome in it's own way. Aloha!

fishb0y:
I too live on Oahu, and yes... it does suck... unless you know someone with a boat... and alas, I do not:banghead:
I have a boat, stuck on the big isle and I can't find anyplace to park it here. If someone can come up with a parking spot, well, diving could be great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom