Head wound and stitches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back to the OP's question, I do understand that some plastic surgeon are meticulous about post operative care. Perhaps he doesn't want any friction on the wound, and suggest that you give up diving, to let the collagen mature better, before subjecting it to irritation.

This is my regular doctor- I went to the emergency room after the accident but all follow up visits have been with him - When I hit the age of 40 I started having yearly exams to be safe.

He stated that due to the "pressure" of water at depth he would advise to wait.. however he did recommend I check with a physician with dive related expertise.

The only lingering effect I have is that the area is still numb but the numb area is shrinking each day. I was hoping to do some local diving in the 40 to 50ft range next month.

David

You're right, it is the superficial temporal. I guess it is just one of those "great holy cr.a.p. type of artery" that you'd say just before you cut through it. Thanks for cleaning up after my mess.

Hi fisherdvm,

I see.

You're welcome.

Regards,

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom