Headed to Roatan next week - Looking for Last minute suggestions!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget the SUNSCREEN (esp your wife). I got really burned the last day there (during the dolphin encounter at AKR). Not a pleasant trip home.

We take 50, 30 and 15. I usually start with 30 and then slother on some 50 if I start to get pink. By the end of the week, I'm 15 all day.

We take 50, 30 and 15. I usually start with 30 and then slother on some 50 if I start to get pink. By the end of the week, I'm 15 all day.

Is that you on the left or the right of your avatar?

:rofl3:

I have been to Roatan and Utila both twice, and here is my two cents:

So here's my questions...

1) I was going to do a majority of my dives with Luna Beach's dive shop but wanted to get out and do some dive with some other outfits. Coconut Tree is #1 on the list and I was thinking about doing a 2 tank and a night dive with them. After reading about the shark dive, it looks like I will be doing that as well. Any other specific dives or dive outfits you guys can suggest?

Ocean Connections (as I have said in other posts), but mostly all seem pretty professional

2) Wife and I are going to do the dolphin encounter thingy at AKR. Other than the canopy tour, are there any other musts for excursions?

I walked past the canopy tour in the wildlife park walking from west bay to west end. Is this the one your referring to? It didn't look so hot, if you are traveling by ferry and bus I would recommend the one in La Ceiba run by Jungle River Tours instead (I did this one three days ago actually). I hear the shark dive can be fun if you have the mula...

3) Whale sharks. I gotta see a whale shark. Am I going to need to get closer to Utila for this to happen or is it just like everything else - a crap shoot? \

Don't waste your time getting there and whatnot...huge crap shoot. I was just there this past week and we didn't see squat. The people we dove with said there hadn't been a sighting in two weeks. I guess it all depends....

Thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom