Heading for 17 days on Cayman Brac on February 1st.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
What mm dive suit do I need this time of year? I am renting a house and car. Where are the best places to eat and to buy groceries ? I will be diving with Reef Divers. Any advice on dives?

What mm dive suit do I need this time of year?

Varies with individual. I chill pretty easily but I've always been comfortable with a fleece full suit (equivalent to about 2.5mm) and a hood. The hood really makes a difference after multiple dives in a day. Some folks find a shortie sufficient.

Where are the best places to eat and to buy groceries?

Varies with your tastes. There aren't a whole lot of places to buy groceries; and they do stock somewhat different items, so I suggest you try them all. We probably shop Kirkconnell's the most.
Restaurants also depend on your tastes. We like the buffet at the Brac Reef (where you'll be diving anyway), and at the other end of the island, L'Esperanza.

Any advice on dives?

I always suggest "Divmaster's choice". They know the latest conditions.

I would love to know what house you are renting and how you like it. we are going to cayman brac the week of thanksgiving. i was surprised how many houses there are. the pricing seems to be all over the place. found ranges from $130 per night to $400 per night. don't need a big house (only 2 of us) but want views from the house and a private beach.

I would love to know what house you are renting and how you like it. we are going to cayman brac the week of thanksgiving. i was surprised how many houses there are. the pricing seems to be all over the place. found ranges from $130 per night to $400 per night. don't need a big house (only 2 of us) but want views from the house and a private beach.

Not a lot of beach on the Brac. Mostly ironshore.

Some on the southside towards the bluff.

Happy Hours and Captain's Cove are both on the southside and both have pools. They're nice-sized and priced very reasonably. Plenty of off-shore snorkeling (at the right time of year). I'm just hung up on how you're lucky enough to get 17 freakin' days on the Brac. That is soooo amazing.

What mm dive suit do I need this time of year? I am renting a house and car. Where are the best places to eat and to buy groceries ? I will be diving with Reef Divers. Any advice on dives?

17 Days! Holy crap. Do you need me to carry your luggage:D.

Back
Top Bottom