Heading to Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VetteDrvr

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
NEED to DIVE

Hey we're on our way to Singapore/Thailand/Malaysia this week...we arrive Singapore Jan 7 and will be on island both 7 an 8 jan before we board a cruise to malaysia and thailand...then return again on 14 Jan. Our first stop is Thailand (Phuket) on 11 Jan then 2 stops in Malaysia 12 and 13 Jan. Looking for "AFFORDABLE" dives for 3 divers...last quote I got was in Singapore $250 per person for 2 dives + $60 for equip if we didn't bring our own (which because of the cruise we're considering not bringing). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! NEEDING TO GET WET!!!!

Scot

Last edited:
in Singapore $250 per person for 2 dives + $60 ????????????????????????????????????????

I hope like hell that was not for diving in Singapore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diving here at Hantu is very low viz muck diving and the price for 2 dives should be between S$75and S$150 depending on what, if any, lunch / drinks is provided. Not to knock Singapore diving but you have to appreciate diving with 1-2m viz to enjoy it. If you are into that, you could be rewarded with sea horses, frog fish, swimming nudibranchs and other cool, but limited, species.

Good diving this time of year on your itinerary is at Phuket and maybe around Langkawi and two dives shoudl not be anything near US$250 for 2 dives unless you each have a guide finning for you.

Thanks for the info....Yea I was taken by surprise at that fee for diving:shocked2: and yea that was for diving in Singapore..."aqueous chronicles" (aqueous.com) The more I "dive into" info the more I'm likeing diving at Phuket. Langkawi is one of our stops...do you have any recommendations?

Jan 7 and 8 are weekdays.. Usually dives in local waters are only conducted on weekends. Maybe the operator needed to rent a boat just for you, but that kind of price is way too excessive. It's even cheaper to dive in Underwater World Singapore.

I agree with Bronson; it's daft to dive in Singapore area when you're on the way to Phuket and also much nicer on the ground in Singapore - Botanical Gardens, Bird Park, Little India, Clarke Quay, tours around the harbour.
In Phuket I can recommend ColonaVI - here's the link:
MV Colona VI & MV Giamani- Diving Thailand & the Mergui Archipelago

So much will depend on when you disembark and embark the cruise of course.

Thanks for all your help!!! Have contacted a couple of dive shops in Thailand and working details for our day ashore....Have made plans to do just island tours in Singapore with night time Zoo trip and a MUST stop at Harley and HardRock!!! thanks for all the tips!!! Can't wait to dive!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom