Heading to Utila for open-water certification, what would be a good trip length?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've spent 1-3 weeks on Roatan many Novembers in a row. Most often I experienced a mix of grest days, scattered days and glorious days. But one year was torrential rain and very bad seas and I didn't dive at all. Thst wasn't completely the weather's fault as dive ops were still going out; but I was on the injured list and feared I wouldn't be able to help myself in the rough conditions. As had been planned thst particular trip, I moved over to Belize. The weather changed and though there were still scattered showers, conditions were such thst I was able to dive most every day.

So just be prepared. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst, as they say. And in this I mean not just about diving, I mean take along a pocket poncho snd sandals that you don't care how muddy/wet sand they get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom