Healthiest reefs in Caribbean / Gulf of Mexico / Western Atlantic?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I have been tech diving in Juan Dolio, DR and in Cuba many locations like Santiago, Isla de la Juventud, Varadero and Cayo Largo. Not up to par with Grand Cayman reefs.

There is a small island west of Puerto Rico called Little Culebra that is on par with Grand Cayman. I stayed on a hook for 3 weeks and never got bored. On one dive you actual dive under the island through a cave to the other side and then you have to make sure you manage your air to get back to the dingy. This island was used by the US for bombing practice so there is alot unexploded bombs of all sizes.

Here is Pauls Reef, best-of-palmbeach1a - YouTube which is one of the major reef sites in Palm Beach....Pauls, Breakers Reef, and Horseshoe could all be considered among the best of Palm Beach dive sites in the central area of Palm beach...but then there are spectacular ones in south Palm beach like DelRay Ledge, or North like Juno...

Amber......Looks like a good list and I would also suggest adding Chinchorro Banks and if you decide to dive T&C try a liveaboard to hit all the good spots and see if they can get you to South Caicos also.

Another vote for Little Cayman. Tops out Roatan, Bonaire, Grand Cayman, St. Lucia. However, if fish bio-diversity is your goal and not a focus on the condition of the coral, Paul's and Horsehoe in West Palm beach can be amazing at times and this is relatively local. Blue Heron Bridge should be a marine park given its' bio-diversity. For bigger stuff, Juno and Jupiter are my USA favs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom