Heated drysuit underwear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know of any- but you may check with outdoor outfitters. There are products like that for hunters. Another option would be heated liners for motorcycle riders, they are about the same thickness as any undergarment for a shell suit- but I am not sure if the m/c stuff would be battery powered like the hunter stuff.

But why not just use argon gas?

I believe there is someone who makes that, but I don't know the manufacturer. One of my instructors uses a heated motorcycle vest. His drysuit is modified so that the battery and controls are on the outside.

I would think argon would be a lot safer than a high current power source next to the family jewels (not to mention your heart) in a damp and potentially wet environment. That would be one heck of a failure point if the short circuit protection went south.

The argon combined with my good high loft underwear has been ok for most dives as long as they don't go too much longer than an hour but as I get more and more into tech, my dives are sometimes two hours plus. The last time I was a shivering, babbling idiot after two hours. (not that that is anything new, haha)The water temp is around six degrees Celsius right now. The vest from golem gear looks nice, thanks for the info.

I saw an advertisement in Scuba Magazine for a Wireless Thermalution Heated Undersuit. They currently have a waterproof and dry series model available, but all of the models have temperature controllers attached by a wire, making it difficult to take advantage of the adjustments in temperature in a drysuit.

I contacted HeatedWetsuits.Com and Thermalution has a wireless model that will be available around the end of June. This will allow for adjusting the temperature in your drysuit with a wireless wristwatch controller. It will also be waterproof up to 200ft, just in case your dry suit leaks.

^Interesting. Keep us informed when you have more info on the wireless model. Any idea on cost? I just happen to know someone who could definitely use one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom