Heated vest for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or just go dry :p

My instructor has one that he uses in the local quarry. He loves it! He built it himeself. It is basically a motorcycle heated vest. He found a dry port (plug ins on both sides of his drysuit) to pass the battery power through the suit. The most expensive piece was the Light Monkey can light battery itself. I think he probably spent about $400- $500 on it all.

Max depth 75 feet? Now does that mean if you go below it stops working, or will it break it? That's not very deep

Max depth 75 feet? Now does that mean if you go below it stops working, or will it break it? That's not very deep

Thermalution Heated Undersuit -70M (Shortsleeve)

I dont want an alternative, im not going to drag my dry suite to the Galapagos and im not going to Magiver up some duct tape,a motorcycle vest and some glue.

IF you have some first hand experience with one of these please post your thoughts, other wise thanks but no thanks.

70 Meters!!!

The first link that was posted was to a 15m one, not the 70m one and theres a significant price difference between the two..

I love it when people cant even thread wtf they want
and then edit sh!t throwing the mess out of context

Take sticks and rub them together

Cheers
Angus Macgyver

Not sure I would trust those wetsuit heaters. specifically question Burn Time.
Although the motorcycle vests are cheap, they have not been working great. UTD (motorcycle vest) didn't even have them in their booth at DEMA and product is no longer on their website.

Have to Dive Dry
Best heated vest on the market is SANTI's:
San-U-2009-2T.jpg
SANTI Heated VEST

Then if you are really cold:
San-U-2012M-2.jpg
SANTI EXTREME BZ 400 Heated

SANTI was the big buzz of the DEMA show!

Be on the look out, you are going to start seeing reviews of SANTI in Wreck Diver Mag, Rebreather World and other dive publications!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom