hello all - I Am a Thief and a Scammer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stvn123

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I revised his introduction and will be adding more Scammer Hall of Fame posts later. This guy is scamming not just Scubaboard but other boards as well. Do an image search of his photo that he used as an avatar (the photo below) and you will find more than two pages of new accounts across the internet. He's interested in metal detecting, swords, oldsmobiles, canoes and BMWs.

Stay tuned for more scammers ...

Hi everybody! I create new accounts and then send direct messages to users telling them about people who I know who are selling items that users are looking for.

You really should not send me money because if you do, I will take it and you will never see the item you thought you were buying.

The following email addresses are some of the many email addresses I use to scam people:

I got my OW in Aug. 2016, now up to Rescue Diver with Nitrox cert. and am up to 29 dives including trips to Cozumel and just recently returned from Belize. Hoping to double that number this year.

Attachments

• stvn123.jpg
    stvn123.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 66
Welcome to SB. Funny, I did Rescue after dive 26. We must think alike.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please be very careful about sending money to anybody, particularly to people who are new users or have little history here. This guy is a thief.

This explains a lot. I got several PM's asking about stuff I had for sale (which I don't) . Now I see why.

I’m confused about the OP post. Is this what he really wrote or has someone edited it? It doesn’t seem to add up to any reasonable motive for writing something like that.

I do appreciate Pedro and all the mods working for free and trying to keep things straight. Just wondering in this case, do we have evidence the OP is a thief, or just making claims? I mean yea let’s burn the witch. Looking at the other post about the OP, he acknowledges not completing the transaction.

And the OP may well be a thief, thats not my point. I just haven’t seen evidence that he actually did anything wrong other than wearing a Texas orange shirt if that’s his actual picture.

Ia there anyone on this board who’s not yet figured out that you don’t send zelle or PayPal friends etc. money to anyone even if you think it’s Dr. Rich?

Your best friend on this site may get their account hacked at any time. Any of us may not be who we appear and this thread reminds me of a Monty Python movie.

edit to add: while entertaining, if a mod is editing posts without attribution, this seems wrong. What if there’s a court case later and this OP post is evidence?

Ia there anyone on this board who’s not yet figured out that you don’t send zelle or PayPal friends etc. money to anyone even if you think it’s Dr. Rich?

Many of us do it all the time and have never been burned. The key is to be certain you are dealing with a trustworthy party. I have walked away from transactions that just didn't feel right. But when I'm selling something, all I will accept is PayPal F&F or cash in person. If you don't like that, than don't buy what I'm selling. Key thing is that I've been on SB for years and am on here and active every day. I've sold lots of stuff and have never ripped off anyone. That is what you want to look into before doing a transaction.

Back
Top Bottom