hello all - I Am a Thief and a Scammer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The mods updated the OP.
Yeah, and it was the first time I'd seen it. It was nice to start the day with a chuckle!

Unfortunately, steven/herman/mullen is probably completely fake and this won't even be an inconvenience for them.

Many of us do it all the time and have never been burned.
If someone said they always dive their tank to 100psi and it’s ok because they never had a problem, many of us would point out the fallacy of that logic. I fail to see why your perspective is any different.

I am confident the majority of SB members have better judgment than to buy anything from anyone over the mail using PayPal friends without a way to independently verify the sellers identity.

I am confident the majority of SB members have better judgment than to buy anything from anyone over the mail using PayPal friends without a way to independently verify the sellers identity.
Maybe not "verify" in all instances, but I go to various lengths to satisfy myself of the seller's identity depending on the cost of the item. You can look through a poster's history on SB and see if they have sold things before or posted in threads. Granted, there was an incident in which a hacker got into some longstanding SB members' accounts, but eagle-eyed members quickly outed the hacker. If it were a big-ticket item, I might want to speak with the seller on the phone, Google their name, etc.

Given the recent issue with dive shops being scammed with the crooks buying computers with stolen credit cards, I’m on the lookout for people posting new/barely used high end computers for sale using only stock photos and no photo of the computer displaying serial number. I pointed that out to someone who turned out to be a legit seller recently.

Why someone thinks stock photos from a manufacturer’s website and no photos of the actual computer are acceptable, I have no clue.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I modified the original post in order for search engines to find his email addresses and username. His username and photo were used to create many new accounts across the internet. If you are worried about changing posts, there is a history log of every change made to to every thread. Every moderator and above can click on the moderator actions button to see what has been changed.

And yes, this guy has stolen money from one of our members here. A police report has been filed.

If someone said they always dive their tank to 100psi and it’s ok because they never had a problem, many of us would point out the fallacy of that logic. I fail to see why your perspective is any different.

Do what you wanna do my friend. I was reacting to your post stating that everyone should have better sense than paying using PayPal F&F. It all depends on the level of trust between the parties.

Yeah, and it was the first time I'd seen it. It was nice to start the day with a chuckle!

Unfortunately, steven/herman/mullen is probably completely fake and this won't even be an inconvenience for them.
Actually, he lives in Spring, Texas and is well known on a number of sites. We do t usually call people out like that though.

Actually, he lives in Spring, Texas and is well known on a number of sites. We do t usually call people out like that though.
Sounds like it might be possible to find him. Maybe get the FBI on this guy.

Keep in mind that the alias names and that photo may well be ripped from someone innocent and unrelated to this. That photo is someone, and it's unlikely the scammer would use his own mug.

In all likelihood the scammer will see this and never use those email addresses again, though it's good to raise awareness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom