Hello all! New independent instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all! I'm originally from/trained in FL, but am currently traveling for work. I am a newly certified PADI Instructor (independent, about a year), looking to expand my dive knowledge and experience! Because I'm not working with an LDS, I'm hoping SCUBABoard will help fill that outlet for random industry questions and advice. My teaching focus is more cont. education/scientific/etc. divers. I have a marine biology background, and the majority of my dive experience has been on-the-job scientific dives. I'm lacking experience in the rec. area, which has made the shift to Instructor a little bit of a learning curve.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. The membership here is quite broad; there's a good chance someone can address most questions you may have.
My teaching focus is more cont. education/scientific/etc. divers.
How do you get your students? You said you're independent. Are you mainly training people who already have advanced open water certification, etc...?

Richard.

Back
Top Bottom