Hello All,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am new to the site, seems many Google searches send me here, thought I would join.

I live in the North West, but am really a vacation diver. I have recently ventured out on a solo travel adventure diving, am hoping to find ideas on future trips, equipment etc, and perhaps dive buddies. Looking forward to exploring the site.

Jan Hunt

Welcome to ScubaBoard Jan.

Welcome to SB. At one point I was probably a member of every scuba forum available, but quit all the others. If you can't find it here you probably won't find it.

If you're feeling a little timid, why not go on a trip with your local dive shop (LDS) or your local dive club? Going with your LDS or dive club can be the best of both worlds: you don't need a friend to go with you, but you still have an instant group of people to pal around with there. I've done it 2x with my LDS & 2x with my local dive club. I had a blast! There are multiple dive shops in my area, but just this year my LDS is going to:
  • Dry Tortugas, Florida Keys (Liveboard)
  • 1000 Islands, Canada
  • Mexico
  • Solomon Islands (Liveaboard)
  • Bahamas (Liveaboard)
  • Bunaken and the Lembeh straits, Indonesia
  • Grand Cayman
Speaking of Grand Cayman...if you are a sociable person, there are tons of hotels/resorts/lodges whose main guests are divers. A dive lodge I've been to & liked that wasn't too far away was Sunset House in Grand Cayman. One that I liked that was far was Sangat Island in the Philippines. I am also volunteering my time to help a couple open up Blue Pearl Island in French Polynesia.

What's nice about many of us is we love to chat with other divers even strangers. It's not difficult to strike up a conversation when you first arrive at a dive lodge. Just go to the bar, get a drink & ask the people around you what their favorite dive sites are there. It's likely you won't be able to get them to shut up. lol

Happy diving!

Thanks for the ideas, I have been googling a larger area for clubs and trips and I donated to the Blue Pearl Island campaign in French Polynesia! Have you been there yet?

Today I am going to my LDS to buy a compass, it's about time!
Jan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom