Hello. Always ready to dive south Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fletcher Christian

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Finally created a SB profile after reading for several years.
Always ready for beach or boat dives in south Florida, particularly Broward. I know there are lots of SFL divers here so let me know when.
Ten years experience and almost 275 dives.
Definitely enjoy looking for lobsters and spearing.
Reef, wrecks, and night dives.
Thx!

Welcome to ScubaBoard...though it sounds like you were already here. Post some trip reports!

Richard.
Hi. Trying to look up in the FAQs the best way to post a trip report. Should I search for a recent thread about a particular place and add a post to that detailing my trip report or something else? Thx!

Usually it's best to make a new post. There's a pre-fix option for Trip Report you can add to draw attention to it.

It's useful to do a Search and see other trip reports, if any. It may give you some idea what type of content is useful.

Usually it's best to make a new post. There's a pre-fix option for Trip Report you can add to draw attention to it.

It's useful to do a Search and see other trip reports, if any. It may give you some idea what type of content is useful.
Ok. Thank you!

Welcome! Would love to hear about your favorite spots, particularly shore dives. New to Fort Lauderdale.

Welcome! Would love to hear about your favorite spots, particularly shore dives. New to Fort Lauderdale.
Hey welcome to FLL. I see someone told u about blue heron bridge (BHB) which is great when viz allows.
Lauderdale by the Sea (LBTS) is a very popular shore dive spot u can read about on SB.
I tend to stick in my neighborhood of Dania and Hollywood.
Dania has Dania beach and the pier. The south end of the parking lot is the most common spot to enter. A bit of a longer surface swim, about 2 pier lengths will get u to the first reef with some great sea life and lobsters if u hunt.
North of the pier is the jacks - a series of concrete barriers that look like children’s playing jacks but are several feet in diameter. They run east/west and the beginning (western end) is not so far offshore. You can also find plenty info about this on SB or online.
Just south of Dania is Hollywood Beach and there are several great spots for shore dives that are not too far offshore. The key is to go when not too choppy and if it has been choppy for a few days in a row to wait a couple days for the viz to improve.
There are a couple MeetUp groups for shore dives u can also check out.
I’m usually available almost any day if you want to try and hook up just shoot me a DM I guess with ur email or number or if u want more info. I know these spots fairly well.

Welcome. I would like to read some wreck dive reports from S. Florida.

Hey there. Sorry but I’ve only done a few of the local wrecks and am definitely not the one to ask for any wreck reviews.

Hi Fletcher, new to the board (and diving). I would be interested in some local shore dives. Let me know.
Based here in Fort Lauderdale, but don't mind driving a bit if necessary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom