Hello and Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have the Sea and Sea DX90 that we use with our 5060. We also use the sync cord in order to have it fire at any angle. Be sure to set your camera on the slow sync2 setting so that your strobe fires at the correct time. To make sure you are in sync, hook your sync cord to your camera housing and take a picture of your strobe. If you see the flash in your image, you should be in business. For a cheaper option you can get the SeaLife digital strobe for about $270.

I second Alcina's choice - the DS 125 has a built in aiming / focus light which will help with the poor low light focusing ability of the 5060 . You will get TTL with your setup and do not need to bother with a manual controller unless you want to . The strobe should also fire in super macro mode without using slave mode . You can double check this with Ryan .I realise that this is the expensive route , but you will only buy once .Plus Ikelite backup is great .

I really wish that I had gone the Ikelite route ............

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom