Hello Everyone!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTW:
Hello & welcome Jon!

I received my OW cert at the Madison quarry last weekend.
Looking at your countdown timer, I was about to say maybe I'll see you there, then I remembered I'll be in FL for a wedding that weekend.

Perhaps some other time.

I am, however, planning to do my 7th & 8th dive at the quarry tomorrow afternoon.

How did you like it?? They have quite a bit of stuff in there. Perhaps I'll see ya there some time!

Jon_Rhea:
How did you like it?? They have quite a bit of stuff in there. Perhaps I'll see ya there some time!
Considering all 6 of my dives took place there, I thought it was awesome!!

I've only dove the South end so I haven't seen the fire truck, Minute Man Missile, school bus, etc. on the North end.

I plan on seeing the North sites this afternoon.

Have you dove there before?

Jon_Rhea:
Yeah, once. I enjoyed it! We saw alot of the quarry in two dives. Did you see the F4 Phantom?

Yes, I did see the F4.
You can find my post on the experience here.

We got two dives in yesterday afternoon.
On the 1st, we followed the South? wall. (The right side wall facing the water from the docks) When you come to a low East-West wall about halfway to the other end of the quarry, you’ve found the roadbed. The first thing you notice, as you look up, are the hundreds of young Brim schooling at the edge of the road. Two Largemouth Bass cruise through and send the school into a frenzy of movement.

We had to be out of the water at 7:30 PM, so we dove the close-to-the-docks West? wall on our 2nd dive. We hovered close to the wall at 30 ft. looking up. Someone was feeding the fish from shore and we watched as the silhouettes raced for a morsel. I imagine what it will be like looking up a coral wall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom