Hello from Colorado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For what its worth. I am not a military diver, I am a diver who is in the military. I am an engineer officer, I build things and sometimes make them go boom. I know some engineer divers and they are very very tough and hooah and skilled, I am not one of them. They are cool people though.

There is not a great deal of diving in the Colorado area. During the winter months, I generally go down to the Blue Hole. MN (SantaRosa) a few times just to get some dives in.

As you have done Aurora, then you understand what poor conditions we have. However Aurora in the Spring can boast vis of 20feet! However the water is cold, and a drysuit is not a bad idea. There are some lakes I have not done (Jefferson beiing one) that seem to hold a bit of promise, however they are very cold when the diving is likely at it's best which is right after the ice melts. DrySuit diving to be sure unless you love 40F water in a 7mm fullsuit.

In any event, check out the Rocky Mtn. Oyster forum if you are interested in hooking up with local divers and diving in the area. Not sure how long you are here, but Tampa is going to be a LOT better location for diving, even if I think the East Coast of FL is really where to go IMO.

Welcome, and enjoy SB. There are a lot of good people here, and I've dove with many in CO, NM, and FL who I met on the boards.

Thank you and hello to everyone who wrote. If you are refering to the mudpuddle from Iraq picture I will have to dig a bit to find to, I think I know where it went. As for any other cool pictures, well I have to do this stuff from a diffrent computer then. I am sure I will get around to it.
Everyone here seems really cool, well there is one exception but I will not go in to that. I am really looking forward to getting off of Carson, it will be cool as I have never been to FL.
Merry Christmas!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom