Hello from England

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy!

I want to join the others in welcoming you to SB. PM me direct if I can help you learn your way around here.

Snorkeling or diving with manatees in Crystal River's King Bay is wild! Did that last month with my non-diving family, and they were blown away. I don't think the big storm hurt them much, but you might call Birds Underwater:

http://www.birdsunderwater.com/

I love the Key Largo wreck, too - Grove, Duane, Bibb, and Eagle. Those are so spread out that it's best to use 2 different operators. I like Scuba-Do for all but the Eagle, and Tavernier Dive Center for all but the Grove.

Hope you'll visit us even after you fly back across the pond, We'd love to get to know you around the forums, and we're even looking to add a Brit to our Greeter Team.

don
:bandit_2:

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

My wife and I spent a week in Key Largo and used Silent World. You might just take a look at them. Here is a direct link to their site if you are interested.----->[red]Silent World[/red]

Don't forget to check out Florida Conch Divers through the direct link in Scott's post.

Heya Adrian, and welcome to the Board. You'll have to post the exact date you'll be down here when the time gets closer. The Florida Conch Divers are always getting together and diving somewhere, and we always love meeting felloe SB'ers....!

Cheers,
Vickie

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

You definitely want to get together with some of the Florida Conch Divers. They love guests! Super hospitable group from what I hear.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

You might want to post your request for info on the Florida Conch Divers forum. We have lots of members who can give you good, insider information.

Welcome to the board,
Grier

Adrian,

Hi, you said that you had dived in Barbados, so i'm hoping you can help me.

I'm planning on making a trip to Barbados in March 2005 and wanted to do some diving whilst i was over there buy i don't know what dive operators over there are any good.

Could you recommend me any? Its my first time diving and i'm not really sure what to look out for. Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Zoe

Welcome to the board, pheonix. Why don't you start a thread introducing yourself so that everybody can get to know you?

-Grier

Hey, if you go to Crystal River to play with the Manatee, you might as well try some of the freshwater sinkholes such as Blue Grotto, Ginnie Springs and Devil's Grotto. The vis is amazing, 200 ft plus. The water temps in the sinkholes is 72F all year round. Ginnie is 55ft deep in the cavern with an opportunity to dive in an overhead environment without cave or cavern certification. There are also extensive cave formations and tunnels that require certification. Blue Grotto is essentially a large fishbowl that has a special feature, a shaft at one end of the Grotto that drops to 100 ft and loops back up again. Advanced certification is suggested for this part of the Grotto. Devils Grotto is a sinkhole formed when the surface fell into the underground sinkhole and formed a mound in the middle. The top of the mound is around fifteen feet deep if I remember correctly and the edges drop to sixty feet in places with swimthroughs and branching cave systems. The cave systems are off limits to everyone but certified cave divers. A different and interesting dive experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom