Hello from Fayetteville, NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK Herman I know it is last minute but I wasn't sure I could make it. Anyhow i plan to at fl on saturday. I hope to meet you...as I said I will be needing a dive buddy!

welcome to the board!

Come on down. We will be located at the rear of the quarry across from the old road bed. We are going to have a lot of food and plenty of people to dive with. Last I heard we were going to put up the "NC DIVERS" banner so it should be pretty easy to find. I will be driving a blue Chevy Tahoe.

Hi and welcome!!

With regard to regulators it really depends on how much you will be diving and also the water temperature you will be diving in. However you get what you pay for and if you buy a good set in the beginning and you look after them then they will last forever.

If your looking for environmentally sealed regs then I suggest that you purchase a balanced set, which means the ease of breathing at depth is awesome, the ones i personally use as an Dive Master are Scubapro MK25 first stage (which is both balanced and environmentally sealed) with a S600 second stage, with regards to your octopus then a standard Scubapro R190 is sufficient.

Also a good twin gauge by Scubapro is fine including depth and air, however this is up to you as there are many combination's of consoles including computers and compasses so this is your choice of what you prefer. If you cant get Scubapro then another set I would recommend is Aqualung legend supreme, these regs are the equivalent to Scubapros MK25's.

When it comes to BCDs then this again comes down to personal preference on comfort and also accessories. It would be beneficial if you could wear different BCDs and try them to see what you like. I can only advise on what I personally wear when I go diving with a drysuit and that is the Seaquest Pro QD it has very hard wearing material so doesn't fade in the sun, has stainless steel D-rings to attach torches etc, has weight pockets in the back, integrated weight pockets and is very common for instructors to use and it is reasonbly priced, certainly would be a good bcd to use with a drysuit.

Hope this has helped you a little.

Have a great day.

Sanna

Welcome aboard! If you make it down to upstate SC and want to do some diving, send me a message.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom