Hello from Florida!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Greetings from normally sunny and warm Florida (at least it's not snowing here!)

I'm new to the site but have been diving around the world for 22 years and instructing for 13. Home is now on the east coast of Florida a few miles south of NASA. I'm trying out Jupiter Inlet next weekend as a site closer to home than West Palm Beach for doing certifying dives. Any other suggestions?

Hello all. I am haling you from Homosassa Florida where it is 42 degrees and raining. I am new to this forum but not diving. I am an advanced Open Water Diver and have over 20 yrs experience from Florida to the VI. I enjoy learning more and more about diving and the equipment available. I am looking for a good pneumatic spear gun. Any suggestions?

Hello and welcome

Greetings from normally sunny and warm Florida (at least it's not snowing here!)

I'm new to the site but have been diving around the world for 22 years and instructing for 13. Home is now on the east coast of Florida a few miles south of NASA. I'm trying out Jupiter Inlet next weekend as a site closer to home than West Palm Beach for doing certifying dives. Any other suggestions?

I'm not sure about the inlet but most of our dives with Jupiter Dive Center are in about 70-90FSW and there is typically low to moderate current. I suppose it depends on what level of students you are certifing. We do not take OW students to Jupiter.

Hi Tammy....this is Joe Bartoszek from the old Fishing & Diving Center. Are you back into teaching? I'm still going strong at it.

West Palm is almost about it for us. Jupiter runs in the 80ft+ range, we'll over the 60ft student limit. In the summer I'll often take students on beach dives below Sebastian Inlet, but most of the rest of the year it's blown out and dirty there. Ft Pierce is clear now, unusual for Feb but the water is very cold

Joe

Hi Tammy....this is Joe Bartoszek from the old Fishing & Diving Center. Are you back into teaching? I'm still going strong at it.

West Palm is almost about it for us. Jupiter runs in the 80ft+ range, we'll over the 60ft student limit. In the summer I'll often take students on beach dives below Sebastian Inlet, but most of the rest of the year it's blown out and dirty there. Ft Pierce is clear now, unusual for Feb but the water is very cold

Joe

Can you recommend any spearo charters in Brevard? Are their any?

WELCOME TO :sblogo: check back often and you'll learn and meet a lot of good folks. :cheers:

There are no Dive Charters in Brevard presently. With # of days they can operate, distances they have to travel to the reefs and the depths they have to operate in make it cost prohibitive.

There is one operation out of New Smyrna, "Sea Dogs" that's been around several years & caters to hunters. I think he may supplement his bills by selling the collective catch commercially

Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom