Hello from Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jrock, you are correct. I just learned that myself this weekend. Hole dives not being offered by JDC.
The are still doing 3 tankers and that might be the reason for the misunderstanding.

Randy can be fun and entertaining as long as the dive goes perfectly. There are people who enjoy diving with him, and that's great. But there are also a lot of people who had bad experiences with him due to various reasons. Then he turns around and claims he never met the people when he's called on it. He left me floating in the water (yes, I had a sausage deployed) after a dive, and I had to have a fishing boat call him on the radio to come back and pick me up. He wasn't that far away.....I saw him come towards me twice to pick up other divers, then turn around and head away. I've surfaced a lot farther away from the boat than I did with him while out with JDC, and never had a problem with the captains spotting me and coming to get me. I've heard of other horror stories dealing with Randy, which I won't print because they're not MY story, and that would be hearsay, but I'll never dive with him again. I wouldn't try to stop anyone who wants to dive with him, but they need to know that they are truly solo diving when with him. That's why he only takes "good" divers on his boat. If you run into a problem, you are considered NOT a "good" diver.

JDC has some great dive locations and you can always depend on returning to shore when you go out with them. I trust them completely and dive exclusively with them when I boat dive. The only exception is on occasion when a group wants to dive in WPB for shallower dives, or I leave the area for a dive vacation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom