Hello from Kansai!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeeDoubleYou

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone,

I'm an ex-Colorado native now living in Shiga-ken, right on the southern end of Lake Biwa. I would love to find divers near me who want to check out some local places like Fukui or Wakayama or Shikoku. I have only been here 7 months so I am very open to suggestions!! Since I've lived here I've dove the Similan Islands in Thailand and will be heading to Okinawa and the Kerama Islands next month.

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu!
Dusty

Hi Dusty
Welcome to the forum. I used to work in Shiga, and the Kusatsu campus of Rits, though I lived in Osaka. Now, I'm up here in the Tokyo area.

Best of luck finding folks to dive with down your way!

Jim

Thanks a lot! Did you dive while you lived in Osaka? If so, can you recommend any spots or even shops that speak enough English?

Who needs dry suits, still warm enough to get wet :luxhello: Anyway, I have not dove down in that area, but if you every make it up near Tokyo let me know and we can hit something up around here.

@bs63366.. Thanks for the invite! I see a lot online about diving near Tokyo. How is it anyway? Is it cold enough for kelp?

You can come down and visit us in Okinawa any time for diving. The water temp down here is 21C a bit chilly for us.

You can come down and visit us in Okinawa any time for diving. The water temp down here is 21C a bit chilly for us.

Ha! I'm glad you mentioned this. I AM going to Okinawa, I'll be there March 27th - April 4th. I will be there with a friend and we wanted to dive Mon-Thurs. I have been trying to get a hold of Doug, but he must be really busy. If you can help me out with a quote, that would be amazing!

I have not seen a whole lot of Kelp but it is usually pretty cold in the winter, but I was fine this year in a 6.5 mil wet suit. Thinking about going dry next year.

Ha! I'm glad you mentioned this. I AM going to Okinawa, I'll be there March 27th - April 4th. I will be there with a friend and we wanted to dive Mon-Thurs. I have been trying to get a hold of Doug, but he must be really busy. If you can help me out with a quote, that would be amazing!

Hey, DeeDoubleYou, you just did...

It is much better to telephone him, as e-mail can be quite unreliable down there.

Back
Top Bottom