A Hearty Hello from Puget Sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zach The Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello. New to Scubaboard and looking forward to what this place has to offer. I've been OW certified since 2021 but only really got into diving after a trip to Oahu last July... I'm now at 56 dives split between Oahu, Kona, and the southern Puget Sound area (as well as Vancouver Island in a couple of weeks!). Looking forward to learning as much as I can here.

Welcome aboard! Where on the sound are you? I'm up in Bellingham.

Welcome aboard! Where on the sound are you? I'm up in Bellingham.

I'm down south in Dupont (between Tacoma and Olympia). I haven't done any diving that way yet but I'd love to hear some suggestions!
Welcome! I suggest you look into joining the Marker Buoy Dive Club, one of the biggest and most active in the Puget Sound region. Visit www.markerbuoydiveclub.org to join.

All club events are scheduled and booked in Meetup. (Marker Buoy Dive Club (Seattle, WA))
I definitely appreciate the offer and would be interested, but I'll be moving away in roughly a year and my work has me traveling around to begin with. Glad that there's such a good organization out there for PNW divers of different skill levels!

I'm down south in Dupont (between Tacoma and Olympia). I haven't done any diving that way yet but I'd love to hear some suggestions!

I definitely appreciate the offer and would be interested, but I'll be moving away in roughly a year and my work has me traveling around to begin with. Glad that there's such a good organization out there for PNW divers of different skill levels!
Then don't waste any more time. You should be diving. See you in the water:

Hello. New to Scubaboard and looking forward to what this place has to offer. I've been OW certified since 2021 but only really got into diving after a trip to Oahu last July... I'm now at 56 dives split between Oahu, Kona, and the southern Puget Sound area (as well as Vancouver Island in a couple of weeks!). Looking forward to learning as much as I can here.
Welcome!

Hood Canal without a doubt. YSS is the LDS there, really great people. They do boat and land dives

Sund Rock is an easy shore dive with benches and a port-a-potty. Not affiliated with YSS but they can give you the details

I'm down south in Dupont (between Tacoma and Olympia). I haven't done any diving that way yet but I'd love to hear some suggestions

When the tide is out, head down Sequalitchew Trail (trailhead is by the fire station and town hall), and go explore the concrete boats. It isn’t a dive, but they’re really cool.

Diving around DuPont/JBLM isn’t all that exciting but it’s good for skills dives and just getting in the water.

Up in Tacoma check out Les Davis Marine Park, and the Tacoma Narrows Bridge (tricky to get to but an awesome dive).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom