Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As mentioned above Capt Hooks has a shop in Big Pine now. Dave works mostly outta this shop. my daughter and i have dove at all three of there locations, they really do a fine job.

I would recomend Capt Hooks, ask to be paired with Dave as a private DM. He is a down to earth, fun fellow, who is a great teacher and very saftey oriented. He dove with my then 9 yr old and we stll look him up every year i go down!!
I'm headed to see them tomorrow. I'll ask about Dave.
Thank you

I'm headed to see them tomorrow. I'll ask about Dave. This
Thank you
To all of you who replied with suggestions, I thank you. I took the leap and paid for a private DM at Captain Hooks on Big Pine Key to Looe Key. My DM, Sam, was terrific, Patient and helpful. Because of that I had an amazing first two dives in the ocean, off a boat, on a reef. Far from perfect and lots to work on but I did well enough to enjoy myself looking at the reef and the abundance of wildlife.
Thank you all again!
Bill

Glad it worked out well for you. I bought a used but nice BP/W recently, so I plan to hit the pool before my Jan dive trip to FL. I know weight changes will be necessary when I get there, but at least I’ll have a starting point. Also I’m reconfiguring my reg rig with a newly rebuilt 1st stage, so I’ll want to test it. :scubadiver:

I consider my pool time in the Spring (after a 4 year lay off) as money and time well spent. I hit the water in Nassau confident and ready to go. Usually my first dive on a trip is “wasted” as I get reacclimated, but my first dive on the trip was as good as my last!
Froggie 🐸

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom