Hello from Mississippi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Love this board!!!! I have found loads of great information here and tons of fun reading. Got my OW in August, so a newbie to scuba diving too. It has been a dream of mine ever since i was a small child and for years just read everything i could get my hands on. I couldn't even begin to describe what i felt when i finally got to dive. :D I probably won't have much to add to the board till i get more experienced, but thanks to all who contribute answers to questions and learning experiences!!

:thumb: Welcome to the party line! Hope you enjoy your SIs here, as well as learn a bit - sometimes from my mistake reports maybe?

:cheers: don :jump:

Hi Kelly
:)

Welcome to one of the most informative scuba forums in the world.

I visited Illinois in July and finally got to see the might Mississippi - it was fantastic. Look forward to hearing of your exploits under the waves.

Dive often and dive safe.

Kevin

Kelly,
Howdy from Texas.
Stay wet and dive safe,
Larry

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. :) I' live around the Hattiesburg area and hopeing to dive through the winter. Trying to figure out what kind of wet suit I'll need to keep me warm though. :)

He recently graduated from USM, and should be diving with us several times this winter.

Right now it's still 3 mils or less. I'm still in T-shirts and shorts. If diving wet in the winter go with a 5 mil jumpsuit, and a 3 mil "vested hood" to cover it. As the water warms up you first drop the vest, then the jumpsut and use just the vest, finally back to the t-shirt. Water temp onthe down ramp lags the season change by about 2 months... Water warm up also lags, but by a bit less.

Best bet mid-Jan to March is a dry suit, but that's a lot of $ for just a couple months use a year.

FT

Another newbie here, Kelly. :crawl: Welcome aboard. It's a great bunch of people here and more info than can be absorbed in one sitting. It's really easy to suddenly find yourself 3-4 hours into a visit to the board. Have fun!

Best fishes and safe travels. Peace.

Back
Top Bottom